18-wheelers and large tractor trailers are seen every day on our roads and freeways. They transport much needed goods and supplies in and out of our state and are a key factor in our economy. For the most part, these large trucks and trailers are piloted by professionals with years of experience behind them and a lot of miles under their belt. Typically, they are aware of their surroundings and how to maneuver their overly large vehicles and cargo through various turns and traffic. However, it is an unfortunate truth that accidents do happen and not all truck drivers are as professionally trained as they should be. The Law Firm of needaninjuryattorneymissouri.com is here to help you during this trying time and want you to know that we are here to help you get the best possible settlement for the injuries, pain, and suffering you have gone through.
There are many causes that accidents with these large trucks happen. Some of the most common that our personal injury attorneys have seen are:
- Fatigued drivers – There are strict regulations that dictate how long a driver can be behind the wheel but it is still a common factor for some drivers to pull long hours to get their goods to a destination on time
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs – Drivers under the influence can cause catastrophic accidents that injure other innocent drivers
- Drivers who disobey posted traffic laws – These drivers can blatantly ignore posted speed limits and stop signs
- Drivers of poorly maintained trucks – These trucks can quickly cause a disaster in the event of a blown tire or other mechanical failures
While this is not a complete list, this helps you to get an idea of the types of cases and suits we handle.
These accidents and the sheer size of the trucks can spell disaster for smaller, passenger sized trucks. In an accident with a very large truck, it is always the smaller car or truck or SUV that will suffer more than the larger truck or trailer. These accidents can lead to life changing injuries. Some of the more common injuries that our firm has seen are:
- Serious scrapes and burns
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Loss of limbs
We understand that this can be a life changing event that can cause you to have to deal with things that you never thought or been prepared to deal with before. Along with those changes, you will also be forced to deal with the large businesses and insurance companies that back these trucks and trailers. They are often quick to deny claims and to distort events to their advantage. The Law Firm of needaninjuryattorneymissouri.com is here to fight for you and to make sure that you are given the proper settlement for your claim and injuries.
We are located in the heart of downtown Kansas City but are proud to serve the people of our great state. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident with a large truck, please give our personal injury attorneys a call at today so that our professional and friendly can help you get started exploring all your legal options